How To Monetize Your Blog: On and Off the Page
There are many ways to turn the content you create for your blog into actual income. Some of these happen on your blog page, and some of them happen beyond your blog because of the quality content you create. If you want to monetize your content, your first objective is always to create quality content. That said, once you are creating the content and have built trust with your readership, if you want to monetize your content and traffic, you have a lot of options.
- Adsense from Google: This is a fast and easy way to display relevant Google ads on your blog. You make money every time someone clicks on the ads. Some people do feel that the ads look unattractive and can detract from the site content, so I do recommend not running it on a premium site. The advantage is that it can help you make the most of your marketing, as it saves time and can create relevant links for your readers.
- Banner Ads: These are one of the oldest forms of advertising on the Internet, and they still work great. Banner ad buyers do prefer big buys on large sites, because this makes it easier for them to manage compared to small stuff on lots of small websites. If you want to court these advertisers, you need to make a page that shows overall traffic statistics of your website and maintain that traffic.
- Automated Link Insertion: Services like IntentClick will scan your blog posts and automatically turn specific words and phrases into Whenever you and your customers produce links, you must make sure that you or some automated software monetizes these links. Also, take care that every outclick from your websites gets counted as a click. While making the affiliate links for you, link insertion searches for different words and phrases in your content and your users, which could be affiliated links.
- Events: You can bring your content alive by speaking at an event or even creating one of your own. Research or plan events that connects you, your content, your audience and your advertisers through communication. Not only will this give you more exposure and allow you to sell tickets, you will also be able to network and work with other people in your field.
- Consulting: If you can write well about what you know best about, people will seek out your advice and assistance. Let them know on your blog that you are available for more formal sessions or consulting. Once people are coming to your site, trust your content and seek out your help, it is a great time to charge for your time.
- Employment: In today’s world, it’s hard to stand out when you are applying for a job. You’ve got a forum to speak already if you have a blog, and that is a great way to augment your resume or application. Let prospective employers that you write about your potential work area and know what you’re talking about.
Learn more about “How to Monetize Your Blog” from my FREE webinar at 11:00am PST on Friday, January 27. Register here: http://bit.ly/howtomonetize
This is a guest post by Murray Newlands, the CEO & founder of Influence People.
Murray’s webinar will be a good opportunity to discover some great ideas and tips for generating an income from your blog, register today while there are still places.
Wishing you success in all your endeavours.